The Nucleanova_ec Battery
• Electrical output: Load-following capability from 1MWe to 20 MWe.
• Duration: 10 years without refueling based on an average output of 10 MWe.
• The unit is cooled by free convection of surrounding air.
• It can be installed at any site as it does not require any proximity to a watersource.
• Can be connected to existing grids, or installed in remote areas saving thus the high-cost and reliability dependence of transmission lines.
• Secondary cooling for radioisotope heat decay is handled by free convection of air.
• Spent fuel management: Spent fuel remains within the MMR until unit is removed, thus leaving no nuclear foot-print at the site.
• At the end of life, the micro-reactor is removed and replaced by a new unit if so desired.
• All control mechanisms of the micro-reactor are operated by gravity should there be a shut-down by any unforeseeable malfunction. All cooling is accomplished by gravity induced convection, and the unit low profile makes it imperviable to any natural phenomenon such as earthquakes, hurricanes, sand-storms, floods, as well as attack by terrorists.