Decommissioning of the Micro-reactor
Option 1: The complete Nucleanova_ec battery is decommissioned.
- The micro-reactor is set in a power-off mode, and it remains in place for two (2) years to cool down in heat decay mode.
- The arrangement and configuration for free convective cooling is left in place.
- At the end of two years, Nucleanova removes the micro-reactor and process it at a central installation. NO NUCLEAR FOOT-PRINT IS LEFT ON SITE.
Option 2: Only the micro-reactor is replaced by a refuelled one.
- A new installation of the micro-reactor is performed next to the spent micro-reactor silo.
- The spent micro-reactor is secured and set in heat decay mode.
- The new micro-reactor is installed and connected to the existing electric generators and convection cooling modules.
- At the end of two years, Nucleanova removes the spent micro-reactor and process it at a central installation. NO NUCLEAR FOOT-PRINT IS LEFT ONSITE